Thursday, July 8, 2010

Livin' in The LC (Suki's 'trip' around Kelseyville and Finley)

People usually have a lot to say about Lake County, most of it bad. If you walked up to me on any given day and asked me what I thought of living in Kelseyville, I'd tell you it was dull, lackluster, uninspiring, homicidally boring, and any other word for 'crappy' I could think of that sounded more polite. On the rare occasion, however, I remember not everyone is a country mouse.

It's hard for me to imagine that some people have never seen a cow before except on their dinner plate when I drive by them everyday to get to my house.

Faulkner would have been Faulkner without the South; Amy Tan wouldn't be famous without the unique perspective her culture gave her; Chaucer never would have penned the Canterbury Tales if he hadn't lived in England. The fact is that, no matter how terrible and drab this place can be (and trust me, drab is the right word) it's a part of me.

This is where I am from.




O rly?


No Kidding, your garbage is FREE, huh? What a deal.





No comments:

Post a Comment