Monday, July 19, 2010

Suki Dribbles on About Halcyon (setting, situation, ect).

Since my last post, I've had several people whine at me to explain certain things about my story to them; rather than go through these explanations another tedious time, I'm posting answers to several common questions I've received. If you bother me about a question that has an answer on this page, I'm just going to link you back here. :)

  • Where is this story taking place?:
This part of the story is taking place on an island called Halcyon which is about one thousand miles from the Main Continent which is the setting for rest of the story. Halcyon is a small island with very few inhabitants (about 100,00 total). This section of the story starts out in a port town, where Hylen works as a tour guide for his mother's small inn. Halcyon has several forest and streams and few hilly-mountains; there are no native animals on the island; every creature on the island was brought over when Halcyon was settled.
No, this is not happening on Earth; it is a fantasy/sci-fi story. It is an Earth like planet, with oceans and forests and all that, with human like inhabitants. Think of it as Earth if you want, but just know that it's not.
  • What does Halcyon mean?:
Halcyon is the name of a mythical kingfisher (bird) that was fabled to breed on a floating nest at sea during the winter solstice, hence why Halcyon is an island. It can also mean serene and peaceful and to remember back to happier times.
  • Was Hylen really Hallucinating the events in the second half of this section of the story?:
Why people even bothered to ask this, I don't really know because there isn't a chance I'm going to give you an answer.
  • Where is the burning city and why is it burning?:
The burning city is on Halcyon and it is burning because it is on fire. :)
  • How do Danny and Hylen know each other?:
As stated in the last line of the story, they were once best friends. They dug in the dirt together for worms, they sailed around they island, they got lost in the forest outside of their home town, and generally caused trouble for people when they were younger. Why aren't they still friends? Stay tuned.
  • How old is Hylen?:
23.
  • Who is Aramia?:
A cuddly red fox.

These are all the questions I care to answer about this part of the story; like I said, if you realllllllyyy want to read the whole first part (the prologue, the un-altered first section, plus sections two and three) you can message me or leave a comment on either this post or the story post itself.

2 comments: